Hello friends, welcome to Eggs Recipe. Today we are going to make Smoked Eggs.
This smoked egg recipe is incredibly easy. I learned it from a neighbor and it is a fun way to use up the extra space in your smoker grill.
The eggs turn a lovely brown color and have a consistency similar to boiled eggs. The insides have a tinted brown color, too. Reduce cook time if you prefer a softer boiled egg.
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time:2 hrs
- Total time: 2 hrs 5 minutes
- Servings: 6
Ingredients for making Smoked Eggs
- 6 large fresh raw eggs in the shell
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Directions for making Smoked Eggs
- Preheat a smoker grill to 225 degrees F (at 110 degrees C). Add wood chips according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Place whole eggs directly on the grate of the preheated smoker. Cook, without turning, for 2 hours, maintaining an even temperature.
- Transfer eggs to a plate and allow to cool completely before peeling. Season with salt and pepper.
Cooking Tips for Smoked Eggs
- Keep the smoker grill at an even temperature throughout the cooking process; sharp temperature changes will burst the egg shells.
- The more smoke you make, the more flavor the eggs will absorb.
Nutrition Facts for Smoked Eggs
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories: 62.9
- % Daily Value *
- protein: 5.5g 11 %
- carbohydrates: 0.3g
- sugars: 0.3g
- fat: 4.4g 7 %
- saturated fat: 1.4g 7 %
- cholesterol: 163.7mg 55 %
- vitamin a iu: 214.3IU 4 %
- niacin equivalents: 1.2mg 9 %
- vitamin b6: 0.1mg 4 %
- folate: 20.7mcg 5 %
- calcium: 23.3mg 2 %
- iron: 0.8mg 5 %
- magnesium: 5.3mg 2 %
- potassium: 59mg 2 %
- sodium: 87.4mg 4 %
calories from fat: 39.4