Poached Eggs Caprese
Hello friends, welcome to Eggs Recipe. Today we are going to make Poached Eggs Caprese.
A delicious dish inspired by eggs Benedict with mozzarella, tomatoes, and pesto.
Recipe Summary for making Poached Eggs Caprese
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for making Poached Eggs Caprese
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 English muffin, split
- 4 (1 ounce) slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, thickly sliced
- 4 teaspoons pesto
- salt to taste
Directions for making Poached Eggs Caprese
- Fill a large saucepan with 2 to 3 inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, pour in the vinegar and 2 teaspoons of salt, and keep the water at a gentle simmer.
- While waiting for the water to simmer, place a slice of mozzarella cheese and a thick slice of tomato onto each English muffin half, and toast in a toaster oven until the cheese softens and the English muffin has toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl. Holding the bowl just above the surface of the water, gently slip the egg into the simmering water.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs. Poach the eggs until the whites are firm and the yolks have thickened but are not hard, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon, and dab on a kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- To assemble, place a poached egg on top of each English muffin. Spoon a teaspoon of pesto sauce onto each egg and sprinkle with salt to taste.
Nutrition Facts Poached Eggs Caprese
- Servings Per Recipe 2
- Calories 482
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 25g 32%
- Saturated Fat 10g 52%
- Cholesterol 412mg 137%
- Sodium 3093mg 134%
- Total Carbohydrate 32g 12%
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Total Sugars 3g
- Protein 33g
- Vitamin C 10mg 51%
- Calcium 680mg 52%
- Iron 3mg 18%
Potassium 388mg 8%