Hello friends, welcome to Omelette Recipe. Today we are going to make Cheese Omelette.
This cheese omelette is great for breakfast. My husband loves omelettes and nothing makes him happier.
When cooking an omelette, it’s important that you keep the temperature on the low side, as you don’t want it to turn brown.
Preparation Time for making Cheese Omelette
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for making Cheese Omelette
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk, or as needed
- salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup shredded Emmentaler cheese
Directions for making Cheese Omelette
- Whisk eggs in a bowl; add milk and season with salt and white pepper. Whisk until egg mixture is foamy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small, nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Pour in egg mixture and swirl the skillet, so the bottom is evenly covered with egg.
- Cook until egg starts to set, about 1 minute. Lift edges with a spatula and tilt the skillet so uncooked egg can flow towards the bottom of the skillet to set. Repeat until no visible liquid egg remains.
- Carefully flip omelette; cook until warmed through, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Sprinkle Emmentaler cheese down the middle of omelette; fold in half. Cook until cheese is melted, about 20 seconds. Slide omelette onto a plate.
- You can use any cheese in this omelette; we just love Emmentaler cheese.
Nutrition Facts for making Cheese Omelette
- Servings Per Recipe 1
- Calories 509
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 45g 58%
- Saturated Fat 24g 121%
- Cholesterol 579mg 193%
- Sodium 638mg 28%
- Total Carbohydrate 2g 1%
- Total Sugars 2g
- Protein 26g
- Vitamin C 0mg 1%
- Calcium 384mg 30%
- Iron 3mg 14%
- Potassium 237mg 5%