Nothing quite signifies the start of a blissful weekend like the tantalizing aroma of a freshly made omelette wafting through the house. Bursting with vibrant veggies and creamy cheese, our Veggie Omelette is not just a mouthwatering delight but also a nutritious start to your day. Served on top of a crispy toast, this omelette promises a feast of textures and flavors that’s hard to resist.
One can imagine a sunny Sunday morning, the family gathered around the breakfast table, and the anticipation of savoring this delightful vegetable omelette. Whether you prefer Swiss or Gouda, or any other cheese of your liking, this dish provides a beautiful canvas to let your culinary creativity shine.
- 2 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon of salt, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- ⅛ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces of shredded Swiss cheese (or any other cheese of your preference)
Veggie Omelette Instructions:
- Begin by melting 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat in a skillet. Sauté the finely chopped onion and bell pepper in butter until they become tender. This will take about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the sautéed vegetables to a bowl, season them with 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and set them aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the black pepper.
- Melt the remaining butter in the skillet over medium heat, swirling it around to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Once the butter starts to bubble, pour in the egg mixture. Allow it to cook undisturbed until the bottom starts to set, which should take about a minute.
- Use a spatula to gently lift the edges of the omelette, letting any uncooked egg flow onto the skillet. Continue this process until the center of the omelette begins to appear dry. This should take another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle your chosen cheese over the omelette, and then spoon the sautéed vegetable mixture over half of the omelette.
- Gently fold the omelette over the vegetables using a spatula.
- Let it cook until the cheese melts to your preferred consistency, which should be approximately 1 more minute. Slide the omelette onto a plate.
- Cut the omelette in half and serve atop a slice of your favorite toast for a meal that’s as delightful to eat as it is simple to prepare.
Savor the comforting warmth of this Veggie Omelette, letting the blend of wholesome vegetables, fluffy eggs, and melty cheese transport you to a tranquil Sunday morning, surrounded by the ones you love.