This is as elegant as the Eggs Benedict, but you can feel self-righteous and smug ‘cause your using spinach.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper to taste 1/2 cup whole milk
- 10 oz. chopped frozen spinach 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a skillet to melt the butter. Mix in the flour, salt and pepper and blend with a wooden spoon or whisk.
- Lower the heat and mix in the milk. Stir continuously as the mixture gets thick. Lightly butter a muffin pan. Add 2 teaspoons of water to each muffin cup.
- Crack the eggs and slide one into each cup. Bake the eggs for 15 minutes.
- While eggs are baking, heat the spinach in a microwave and drain the liquid.
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish. Transfer the spinach to the baking dish. Divide the eggs over the spinach. Spread the sauce and the parmesan cheese over the eggs. Bake eggs for 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and just turning brown.