Breakfast doesn’t any more special then this.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large egg yolks 1 tsp lemon juice 1/4 cup hot water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ham slices cut very thin 6 large eggs
- 6 toasted and buttered English muffins
- Use a double boiler for the Hollandaise sauce. Mix the egg yolks and lemon juice on the top. Add 3 tablespoons of butter. Mix vigorously.
- Place the water in the bottom and bring to boil.
- Add the rest of the butter and continue beating. Beat until sauce thickens. Remove the double boiler from stove. Add salt and pepper to the sauce.
- Spread out the ham on a baking dish and bake for 8 minutes, until the edges brown.
- Pour water into a pan and bring to boil. Crack the eggs and carefully slide them into the water.
- Lower the heat and cook eggs for about 3 to 4 minutes. Place the muffins on individual plates.
- Place 2 ham slices and an egg on each half. Drizzle with the sauce.