- Cooking oil 1 Tbsp
- Onion 1, medium-sized, peeled and ﬁnely sliced
- Chicken stock 2 litres (64 ﬂ oz /8 cups)
- Tomatoes 4, medium-sized, quartered
- Egg 1, lightly beaten
- A light, fragrant soup, this classic Egg-drop Soup is adapted from a Cantonese recipe.
- Serves 6
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over moderate heat. Add onion and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and beat egg into soup. Ladle into bowls and serve immediately.