Egg balls in soup
- Hard-boiled eggs 4,
- shelled Salt 1/4 tsp
- Cayenne pepper a dash
- Chopped fresh parsley 1 tsp
- Egg yolk 1
- lightly beaten Chicken stock 1 litre (32 ﬂ oz / 4 cups)
- These egg balls are an attractive addition to any clear soup. The egg balls may be prepared in advance, kept covered in the refrigerator, then cooked a few minutes before serving.
- Serves 4
- Slice hard-boiled eggs in half and scoop out yolks. Rub yolks through a strainer into a bowl.
- Finely chop egg whites and add them to the bowl. Add salt, cayenne and parsley.
- With a fork, mash mixture and add enough raw egg yolk to make a stiﬀ mixture.
- With your hands, shape mixture into small balls.
- Half-ﬁll a medium-sized saucepan with water and bring to the boil over high heat. With a slotted spoon, place balls in
- boiling water and poach for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken stock to the boil and ladle into 4 serving bowls.
- Remove poached balls from water using the slotted spoon and add a few to each bowl of soup. Serve immediately.