French Omelette Recipe
This Omelette is probably one of the easiest Omelettes one can make at home. This French delicacy requires only eggs, milk and butter.
Ingredients of French Omelette
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Pinch kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
How to Make French Omelette
- Combine the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and mix very well with a fork or a whisk. Set a plate by the stove. Heat a small (about 6 inches) seasoned Omelette pan or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is warm, add the butter (it should sizzle gently). Swirl the pan to distribute the butter as it melts. When the butter stops sizzling and the foam subsides add the eggs.
- Pause to let the eggs heat slightly and then stir vigorously, with a heatproof spatula, making sure you include the sides of the egg mixture occasionally so the Omelette cooks evenly.
- Once the eggs are just set, bang the pan gently on the burner to release the Omelette from the pan.
- Check to see that it is not sticking to the sides or bottom of the pan, if so release the Omelette with a heat proof spatula. Hold the pan at a 45-degree angle to the stove and carefully fold the Omelette like a business letter.
- Cook just until the desired degree of doneness lifting the pan or reducing the heat to prevent browning. (A classic Omelette doesn’t have any browning on it.) Transfer to a warm plate and serve.