Baked eggs are a great alternative to sunny side up, and these are perfect for brunch entertaining.
- 2 tbsp chopped basil and thyme
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp ricotta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Mix the herbs and garlic in a bowl.
- Whip together the butter and cream in another bowl.
- Prepare a baking sheet with 6 ramekins.
- Add the butter mix to the ramekins. Bake for 2 minutes.
- Take baking sheet with ramekins out of oven.
- Crack the eggs and carefully slide one into each ramekin. Add the herbs and the ricotta on top of the eggs.
- Season with the salt and pepper. Bake the eggs for 5 minutes.
- Serve the baked eggs immediately.