Greek Omelette with Asparagus and Feta Cheese
This Omelette is filled with a mixture of cherry tomatoes, spinach, bell pepper, and asparagus. Feta cheese gives it that distinctive Greek flavor that pairs perfectly with the veggies.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup chopped fresh spinach
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir asparagus and red bell pepper until the vegetables start to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cherry tomatoes, spinach, garlic, oregano, basil, and salt and continue cooking until tomatoes are soft and spinach has cooked down, another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer vegetables to a plate.
- Melt butter in clean skillet over medium heat. Whisk eggs and milk in a bowl and pour into hot butter, swirling skillet to cover entire bottom with egg mixture.
- Pull up an edge of the Omelette with a spatula and tilt pan to allow unset egg to run underneath and cook; continue around pan, lifting Omelette edge and tilting pan, until all the egg mixture is set. Sprinkle Omelette with salt.
- Spoon cooked asparagus mixture onto one side of the Omelette and sprinkle with feta and Cheddar cheeses.
- Gently fold half the Omelette over the vegetables and cheese and press edges lightly to seal in the filling.
- Cook until filling is hot and Cheddar cheese has melted, 1 to 2 more minutes. Cut in slices to serve.