Eggs baked with creamed mushrooms
- Butter 1 Tbsp + 1/2 tsp
- Eggs 4, lightly poached White button
- mushrooms 230 g (8 oz), wiped
- and sliced
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Ground black
- pepper 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper a dash Single (light)
- cream 90 ml (3 ﬂ oz / 3/8 cup)
- Chopped fresh
- parsley 1 Tbsp Grated Parmesan
- cheese 2 Tbsp
A delicious dish of poached eggs baked with cream, cheese and mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Grease a medium-sized baking dish with 1/2 tsp butter. Arrange poached eggs in dish and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter over moderate heat. When foam subsides, add mushrooms, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4–5 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir cream into saucepan, mixing well with mushrooms and their juices. Stir in parsley.
- Pour mushroom mixture over eggs. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.