Egg white with corn, peas and sausage
- Green peas 55 g (2 oz)
- Corn kernels 70 g (21/2 oz) Chicken sausage 1, diced
- Egg whites 5, lightly beaten Cooking oil for
- Salt to taste
- Ground white
- pepper to taste
- Finely grated
- ginger 1 tsp Chinese cooking
- wine (hua tiao) 1 tsp
- Sugar 1/2 tsp
- Corn ﬂour
- (cornstarch) 1 tsp, mixed with
- 100 ml (31/2 oz) water
- Sesame oil 1 tsp
This recipe comes in handy when you have leftover egg whites from baking. Although egg white is bland on its own, the combination of corn kernels, peas, sausage and flavourful sauce makes this dish both colourful and tasty. Serves 3–4
- Mix peas, corn and diced sausage with egg whites.
- Heat oil for deep-frying in a wok. Slowly pour in egg white mixture and deep-fry until set.
- Use a strainer to remove fried egg mixture from wok. Drain well and place on a serving plate.
- Remove oil, leaving 1 Tbsp oil in wok, and prepare sauce. Add ginger and fry until fragrant.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer until slightly thick.
- Pour sauce over fried egg mixture and serve.