Egg fried rice
- Eggs 2
- Light soy sauce 2 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp
- Spring onions
- (scallions) 2, ﬁnely chopped Cooking oil 2 Tbsp
- Day-old cooked
- long-grain rice 450 g (1 lb) Green peas 100 g (31/2 oz)
This classic dish is an ideal accompaniment to other Chinese meat and vegetable dishes.
- Break eggs into a bowl and add soy sauce, salt and half the spring onions. Beat lightly to mix well.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add egg mixture and stir until egg is lightly scrambled.
- Add rice and stir-fry to break up any lumps. Add peas and remaining spring onions. Stir-fry to mix well and heat rice through. Serve hot.