Crispy Bacon and Sweet Onion Omelette
Sauteed onions, crispy bacon, and a blend of cheddar and American cheeses provide the filling for this fluffy Omelette.
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 3 jumbo eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 slice process American cheese, diced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain and cool; crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onions in the butter until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Prepare a 10-inch non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over a cold burner. Whisk together the eggs and water; pour the egg mixture into the cold skillet.
- Cover and turn the burner on for medium-low heat.
- Cook until steam begins to vent from the skillet. Remove the lid. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon,
- Cheddar cheese, American cheese, salt, and red pepper over the eggs. Spread the onions over the eggs.
- Gently swirl the skillet in a circular motion to release the Omelette and slide it onto a plate. Fold the Omelette in half. Allow the cheese to melt, about 2 minutes.