Creamed Eggs on Toast
Hello friends, welcome to Eggs Recipe. Today we are going to make Creamed Eggs on Toast.
This is my husband’s favorite use of leftover hard boiled Easter eggs. Great comfort food!
Recipe Summary for making Creamed Eggs on Toast
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for making Creamed Eggs on Toast
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 6 slices white bread, lightly toasted
- salt and white pepper to taste
Directions for making Creamed Eggs on Toast
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Place the egg yolks into a bowl and mash with a fork. Chop the egg whites into small pieces and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan set over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually mix in the milk and chicken bouillon so that no lumps form and stir constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add the egg yolks and mix until dissolved. Stir in egg whites. Serve over toast and season with salt and white pepper.
Nutrition Facts for Creamed Eggs on Toast
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Calories 391
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 22g 28%
- Saturated Fat 10g 50%
- Cholesterol 454mg 151%
- Sodium 586mg 25%
- Total Carbohydrate 28g 10%
- Dietary Fiber 1g 3%
- Total Sugars 8g
- Protein 20g
- Vitamin C 0mg 2%
- Calcium 236mg 18%
- Iron 3mg 15%
- Potassium 351mg 7%