Souffles taste divine and they make an impressive presentation.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tbsp sweet butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp pastry flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs, divided into whites and yolks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2-qrt souffle dish. Dust the bottom of the dish with the Parmesan cheese.
- Use a saucepan to melt the butter. Add both flours. Mix vigorously.
- While continuing to whisk, add the cream and water.
- Add the remaining Parmesan, the cheddar, and the salt and pepper.
- Stir until mixture boils.
- Take the saucepan off the stove and add the yolks. Whisk until integrated. Pour the mixture in a bowl and let sit.
- Beat the egg whites with a hand mixer for 5 minutes.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg mixture. Transfer the soufflé into the soufflé dish. Bake for 40 minutes.