Try these light and fluffy Belgian waffles when you have company. They’ll never leave.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs, divided into whites and yolks
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp sweet butter
- 2 cups milk
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the yolks and sugar until well-blended.
- Mix in the vanilla, butter, and milk and use a whisk to mix.
- Add the egg mix to the flour mix. Blend well.
- Whip the egg whites with a hand mixer. Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Spray the waffle iron with the vegetable spray.
- Transfer some of the batter to the waffle iron. Cook until waffles are nice and brown.