Baked eggs with cheese
- Butter 1 Tbsp
- Lean bacon 225 g (71/2 oz), sliced Sliced white
- bread 2 slices, crusts removed
- and discarded, diced
- Eggs 8
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Ground black
- pepper a dash Mozzarella cheese 4 thin slices
A tasty and filling dish with a pleasant, mild flavour. Serves 4Method
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a small pan, melt butter over moderate heat. When foam subsides, add bacon and bread. Stir-fry for 6–8 minutes or
- until bacon and bread are crisp and lightly browned. Remove pan from heat.
- Divide bacon and bread equally among 4 small baking dishes, each suited for an individual serving. Break 2 eggs into each dish, then sprinkle salt and pepper over.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of eggs. The cheese will not completely cover eggs but it will spread with cooking.
- Bake dishes for 10–15 minutes or until eggs are just set and cheese has melted and spread.
- Remove dishes from oven and serve immediately. Garnish as desired.